Google tuns 20.
As humankind’s best friend, the search giant has always been the go-to solution solver for any impending crisis such as whether Selena Gomez and Cristiano Ronaldo are dating, be it ways to pronounce the word “gif” or finding the right image for birthday wishes.
Here are six business facts on the search tech giant.
- Alphabet, the parent company of Google, has made nearly 200 acquisitions since 2001.
- Many staid companies often ask themselves, “Is it Google enough??” to see if something or someone has that special oomph factor. Such is the power of Google in popular culture.
Google’s corporate philosophy includes principles such as “You can make money without doing evil,” “You can be serious without a suit,” and “Work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun.”
- As a motivation technique, Google uses a policy often called Innovation Time Off, where Google engineers are encouraged to spend 20% of their work time on projects that interest them
- The Google stock price is currently at 1,182.97 USD
- The initial public offering of Google took place on August 19, 2004.
- In 2017, Google’s revenue amounted to 109.65 billion USD.