Schneider Electric introduces EcoStruxure Building, an open, collaborative Internet of Things (IoT) platform for smart buildings. By utilising the latest in digital technology and solutions, EcoStruxure Building is specifically designed to meet the requirements of building owners, real estate developers, system integrators, facility managers and building occupants.
EcoStruxure Building is the latest addition to Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure, its IoT-enabled, plug-and-play, open architecture, which delivers end-to-end solutions in six domains of expertise – Power, IT, Building, Machine, Plant and Grid – for four end markets, Building, Data Center, Industry and Infrastructure.
EcoStruxure Building is an agile solution that combines proven building management software with hardware. It enables users to gain valuable insights from building data to make building environments smarter, more secure and comfortable and up to 30 percent more efficient. The platform connects everything from sensors to services, integrating key building systems such as energy, HVAC, lighting, fire safety, security and workplace management.
With options to deploy on the cloud and/or on premise, the platform also allows businesses to scale from medium to large, multi-site building enterprises. Additionally, EcoStruxure Building is backed by advanced cybersecurity and supports industry standard and IP-based open protocols to facilitate the secure exchange of data and analytics between critical buildings systems from both Schneider Electric and third-party providers.
EcoStruxure Building improves overall cost of ownership with easy access to analytics and reporting through a comprehensive smart building portfolio of offers that includes:
- EcoStruxure Building Operation: building management software that integrates system and application data to make building operations easier to monitor, manage and optimise
- EcoStruxure Building Operation – Energy Expert: building management energy module that tracks power consumption, allocates billing costs and conserves energy
- EcoStruxure Security Expert: security solution that drives efficiency by creating secure business environments that unify access control and intrusion detection
- EcoStruxure Fire Expert: fire solution that saves time by providing immediate access to fire system data in the cloud
- EcoStruxure Building Advisor: continuously monitors building performance, proactively diagnoses issues and provides actionable intelligence that helps improve occupant comfort while lowering energy and maintenance costs up to 30%
- EcoStruxure Workplace Advisor: optimises facility usage by better understanding space utilisation and making data-driven decisions that maximise real estate value and improve the employee experience
- EcoStruxure Apps Studio: application development platform for the creation of sleek, secure mobile applications that ensure comfort by providing occupants with easy access and control of room temperature, lighting, blind controls and other user-related conveniences
Customers that have benefitted from the power of EcoStruxure Building include Boston Scientific, a global developer and manufacturer of medical devices; The Edge – the world’s most sustainable office building; as well as London’s Moorfields Eye Hospital.