(photo) Charles Sik, Managing Director of Personal Financial Services, Hong Leong Bank Berhad; Juliana Jan, Chief Investment Officer of Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd; Razif Abdul Razak, COO of Cradle and Executive Director of Malaysian Business Angel Network; Domenic Fuda, Group Managing Director and CEO of HLB; Edward Pinto, Head of Customer Experience and Analytics of HLB; Hor Kwok Wai, Managing Director of Global Markets, HLB; Jasani Abdullah, CEO of Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad (“HLISB”) and Justin Soong, Chief Risk Officer of HLB.
Hong Leong Bank Berhad have selected five promising startups for its inaugural HLB LaunchPad mentorship programme, which is focused on three areas: Simplifying Banking Today, Digitising Customer Journeys and Experience as well as Re-Imagining Banking for Tomorrow.
After undergoing a comprehensive selection process from the overwhelming number of applications, 18 finalists were chosen to demonstrate their presentations at the HLB LaunchPad Pitch Day. During that day, digital entrepreneurs competed with each other in impressing a panel of judges from HLB, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad, Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd and the Malaysian Business Angel Network (MBAN).
Through the three-month mentorship programme, the five startups will be mentored by the Bank’s Senior Management, where they have the opportunity to gain first-hand exposure to the knowledge, experience and expertise of key people driving product, business and infrastructure development as well as cutting edge technologies within HLB.
They would also receive training by design thinking experts and have the chance to validate their products in the market. Additionally, an allowance of up to RM25,000 per startup will be made available for them to further enhance their product service offerings.
The programme will conclude with a Demo Day in early December this year, where one out of the five startups may be considered and equity tof up to RM1 million by Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd.
The five selected startups are:
- Blinkware Technology, a revolutionary pioneer in motion and gesture platforms with key strengths in media, education, data analytics, and medical technology
- CapitalBay, a multi-bank supply chain finance platform that helps corporations optimise working capital and provide businesses with rea-time technology to collaborate with a wider network of financial institutions
- Kakitangan.com, a HR platform for SMEs to increase employee satisfaction and productivity through its SaaS HR System, that is capable of conducting online payroll and mobile expense claims
- Propsocial, a community-based social property website in Malaysia that gives consumers real insights and unbiased user reviews.
- Sales Candy International, an action-based CRM which automatically updates lead status with the actions taken by the salespeople. It is also capable of instantly routing leads from lead ads and web forms directly to the sales team’s mobile devices.